Welcome to Mama's Italian Recipes Blog

So who is Mama? Mama is a full blooded Italian woman raised in Brooklyn New York surrounded with good food and Italian culture. I want to share the recipes of the old world with the new world. Known for her exceptional dishes she loves nothing more than to prepare and serve these recipes to her friends and family.

Now, we share them with you.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

ITALIAN CANNOLI RECIPE


1 1/2 lbs. ricotta cheese
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. semisweet chocolate pieces
1/8 tsp. pure powdered vanilla
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
Cannoli shells, buy ready made from Italian pastry shop.
The better quality of ingredients the better these are! I always use good chocolate, cinnamon and vanilla.

In large bowl, with portable electric mixer, beat cheese for one minute. Beat in sugar, 1 minute. Mix in chocolate, vanilla and cinnamon. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours. With teaspoon, fill shells with ricotta and serve. Approximately 10 cannoli shells.

I have received more email asking for this recipe & it has surprised me! I didn’t even know what a cannoli was until I married into my Italian family. Enjoy!